At the beginning of the autumn term, the Year 6 children have the opportunity to become a House Captain. As part of the election process, the children have to consider and prepare a speech which will be read to the whole school explaining what qualities they have to become a good House Captain.
Following the assembly in which the speeches have been read, the school then vote for the House Captain of their choice. Once the votes have been counted, the results are then read out in the Monday assembly. Each new House Captain and Vice-House Captain is presented with a badge.
A House Captain is expected to be an excellent role model to the other children and will have the responsibilities of:
- conducting tours of the school to visitors
- collecting House Points and presenting weekly totals in Friday assemblies
- taking on special jobs/roles of trust
- receiving the Sports Cup (if they are champions) on sports day and conducting a lap of honour leading their house
- taking on special roles in performances/activities/assemblies